Salon Mop (Homewood)

I'm going to go on record and say Mop is the most glamorous salon in Birmingham. There I said it and I'm not going to take it back... I don't care if you try and tickle my armpits...you can't make me take it back. Wait.. what are you doing? DON'T touch my armpits!

I had to check out the newest salon in Homewood, it is my business, after all. I set an appointment with Melisa (pronounced muh-lisa, not Melissa, get it right or go home, schmucko!), the owner of Mop. She has worked at the former Salon Raymond Barry and the fabulous Richard Joseph SalonSpa, so I was confident she could handle me and my mop (see what I did there?).

Right away upon entering this hip, sexy, old-Hollywood-feeling salon, I felt a little under dressed. The stylists were decked out, complete with four-inch heels and I applaud them. They looked amazing, and not in pain at all! I vowed to throw my flip flops away as soon as I got home.

I sat down in Melisa's chair and was handed my yummy signature drink (water WITH lemon, if you haven't had it you should try it, it's fabulously refreshing) and we got to discussing. I did my apologizing, saying I didn't know what I wanted and what did she think, any suggestions... I don't know if stylists hate this or like it. I guess we'll have to ask the Style Guy. Melisa decided to bring in a couple different shades of blonde with a full foil. I don't think I've ever had that many foils on my head before. I nearly fell over from the shear weight. It was cool. The color turned out gorgeous. I wish you could see it. I bet you wish you could see it too. Someone should invent something...

For the cut I wanted something I could easily style and perhaps stretch back into a ponytail. She suggested more layers and I gave her the old thumbs up. Layer me, Melisa, layer me.

I left Mop just as gorgeous as the Mop stylists! My hair is so fabulous I decided I can afford to keep my flip flops (with hair like this no one's looking at my FEET, for crying out loud).

No comments: